Las Vegas hasn’t always been known for it’s profound nightclub scene but with the emergence of electronic dance music (EDM) has come an increasing popularity in Las Vegas nightclubs. 2013 promises to be an even bigger year for Las Vegas nightclubs, regardless of if they’re spinning rock and roll or EDM. Here are 10 Las Vegas nightclubs that will have their heads held high (and their pocketbooks too!) come the end of 2013.
1. Tryst: The Wynn Las Vegas has made its stance clear when it comes to what type of music will be playing inside its clubs. The Las Vegas hotel signed an unprecedented 42 electronic dance music DJs to residencies for 2013! Signed artists include international stars like will.i.am, Diplo, David Guetta, Avicii, Skrillex and many more. It goes without saying that aside from the Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas in summer 2013, Tryst and the other Wynn properties will be the ultimate EDM nightclubs in 2013.
2. 1 OAK: Last year, 1 OAK was able to bring in some big time names to draw in the crowds. Notable appearances were made by Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys, Tyga and Kendrick Lamar at 1 OAK Las Vegas in 2012. In 2013, club-goers can again expect stars to show up all year like Juicy J and DJ Major Lazer for a residency to start in February. The Mirage Las Vegas club rocks out two rooms nightly that patrons can expect to be equally live almost every night of the week.
3. Body English: With a timely opening for NYE 2013 in Las Vegas, Body English is back at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and better than ever. An underground beauty of a nightclub, Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas is one of the best venues on the Strip to catch appropriately underground live music. From electronica to rock, Body English not only provides quality live entertainment but is also one of the most intimate and trendy Las Vegas clubs in 2013.
4. HAZE: HAZE Nightclub at the ARIA Resort and Casino is another Vegas nightclub that’s all-in when it comes to electronic dance music. Recently, the Las Vegas club booked DJ Pauly D from “Jersey Shore” for a residency that will make more than a few partiers Saturday nights in 2013. HAZE is one of the largest nightclubs in Las Vegas and attracts more artists than solely of the EDM variety. R&B singer John Legend recently made an appearance for New Year’s and Nelly is slated for this January 2013.
5. Pure: A true Las Vegas mega-club, Pure at Caesars Palace is always a contender for the distinction of most beautiful Las Vegas Strip nightclub. The space has three venues with each featuring its own DJ making Pure Nightclub a must-try-experience for anyone looking for a diverse yet luxurious Las Vegas club in 2013. The Caesars Palace nightclub did a good job finishing out 2012 with an appearance by Nicki Minaj. 2013 should be even bigger for the nightclub that was named the best club in the country by E! Entertainment.
6. Moon: On the top floor of the Palms Casino and Resort, Moon Nightclub is all about the ambience. The floor tiles are constantly changing colors that vibe in tandem with glass bead curtains around the club and the roof can open up to the night sky to create a unique Las Vegas nightclub scene. The Palms has been committed to renovating and improving the hotel experience for guests. Expect that commitment to rub off on this Las Vegas hotels already thriving nightlife scene in 2013.
7. The Bank: Possibly the most elegant of all the Las Vegas nightclubs 2013, The Bank at Bellagio is just as ritzy as you’d imagine. As soon as you walk in it becomes apparent that The Bank’s largest strengths lie in the delicate, high class design and upscale atmosphere. The Bank also does a decent job of pulling in live performances: hip hop artist The Game and American singer Keri Hilson are already slated for a big 2013.
8. Marquee: Marquee at the Cosmopolitan has a knack for picking up, well, marquee names in electronic dance music. This Las Vegas nightclub in 2013 will have artists like Chuckie, Krewella, Dirty South and Benny Benassi scheduled throughout the year. Also scheduled for this year: international hip hop icon Rick Ross. Oh, and Marquee is also one of the Las Vegas Strips best dayclubs!
9. Tao: Part Asian bistro, part raging Las Vegas nightclub, Tao at the Venetian Las Vegas has serious momentum going into 2013. After a smashing success of a New Year’s Eve 2013 Las Vegas party with J. Cole, Tao is kicking off 2013 with performances by artists like Ludacris and Sean Paul. The dark atmosphere and beautiful dancing ladies at Tao make this one of the choicest Las Vegas nightclubs 2013!
10. LAX: LAX at Luxor Las Vegas is a two-story nightlife hotspot on the Strip. Like many of the other listed Las Vegas nightclubs, LAX did a great job with NYE 2013 by bringing in Coco Austin and hubby Ice-T to host. So what’s next for LAX? Well, you probably won’t see too many huge names at this Las Vegas nightclub in 2013 but you can expect the occasional banger and one of the most consistent nightlife scenes on the Las Vegas Strip this year.